Why do I need a power flush?
Often, we don’t realise that our central heating system can get blocked. Residue from limescale as well as a chemical reaction from the air, water and metal in the pipes causes a thick sludge of black iron oxide. This sludge can block pipes making it harder for your central heating to work. If the blockages become severe, then you may need to have an expensive central heating replacement. Also the sludge gets into your boiler’s parts such as the heat exchanger, diverter valve and pump, which is a costly repair that can be prevented by maintaining a clean system.
Having problems with your home heating? Problems such as;
- Cold spots on your radiators
- Fluctuating water temperature in the shower
- Radiators that never get thoroughly warm
- A loud rattling noise from the boiler
- Home feels cool or takes a long time to heat up
- Gas bill that is higher than usual
All of these are signs that you have a problem with a blocked central heating system. Fortunately, this can be remedied with a power flush.
How does a power flush work?
At HeatMe Plumbers, we conduct a swift and meticulous power flush service that uses a powerful machine and chemical solution that unblocks your central heating and removes the black oxide sludge that has been building up. We use a high powered vibration tool to disperse the sludge and scale from the internal walls of your radiators, and make sure that your heating runs smoothly and everything heats up as it should.
Benefits of a power flush
- Less noise from your heating system
- Hotter radiators
- Steady hot water temperature in your showers
- Reduction in heating bills
- Cheaper service than installing a new central heating system
- Improved heating reliability
- Improved efficiency, so your heating doesn’t need to be on as long
- Boiler can remain in warranty (the boiler manufacturer requires the system to be power flushed in order to validate your warranty.)
- Increased lifespan of your heating system and all valves, pumps, diverter valves, heat exchangers, radiators and pipework.
Find out more about the power of the power flush and how it can benefit you by getting in touch with HeatMe Plumbers.