Water Softener Installation
Eliminate the problems of hard water and limescale from your home with water softener installation in London with Heat Me Plumbers.
Hard water can wreak havoc on household appliances and is prevalent in London. Hard water can reduce the lifespan of your appliances and can cause many plumbing problems. If you live in a hard water area, then there is help at hand by using water softeners. With water softener installation, you can ensure you receive safe, high-quality water that can help to protect your plumbing and offers a number of other benefits too.
The Problem With Hard Water
Water with a high concentration of calcium carbonate is described as hard water. In the UK, 60% of the country has naturally hard water, while just 40% of the UK has naturally soft water. London and much of the south of England has hard water due to the presence of chalk and limestone.
The effects of hard water can be seen across the home. You may notice common issues such as;
- Limescale build-up in the kettle, on the shower, taps and toilet bowl
- Rust-coloured build-up in bathroom tiles and fixtures
- Weak water pressure and rumbling sounds in the boiler, reducing its efficiency
- White laundry may begin to look grey and coloured fabrics can become dull, clothes and towels can feel rough to the touch
- Glasses and crockery may become cloudy and chalky after dishwashing
- Shampoo and shower gel may not lather up, you may find you need to use more detergents when washing up and extra washing powder in the washing machine
- Shower screen can become cloudy or chalky
- Hair and skin may feel irritated, and eczema can occur.
As well as these issues which are easy to spot, hard water can cause internal damage which is often harder to spot. These issues include;
- Reducing water flow and pressure from limescale build-up in pipes
- Shortening the lifespan of appliances and reducing their efficiency
- Reduces boiler efficiency which can lead to an increase in energy usage and bills
- Increased maintenance costs as elements wear out more quickly and appliances may need replacing.
How Water Softener Installation Can Help
To help protect your home from the adverse effects of hard water, installing a water softener can really help. With softer water, you can eliminate the issues of limescale which can help to increase the longevity of your appliances and ensure a healthy water system in your home.
To find out just how easy it is to enjoy soft water and eliminate limescale concerns from your home, call Heat Me Plumbers today for your free quote.
Is A Water Softener Right For Me?
The short and long-term benefits of a water softener are undeniable, and usually, a water softener is easy to install. To install a water softener, Heat Me Plumbers will check for three things;
- Positioning must be where it can treat the entire house, except for the cold water supply to your kitchen tap
- Must have a location near a waste supply
- Needs to be situated near a power supply.
If you need help determining whether a water softener is right for you home, Heat Me Plumbers can offer a free site consultation to check for the best installation location.
To find out more get in touch with the Heat Me Plumbers team.